We offer you the best types of artificial limbs for amputation at the knee joint with the best quality and prices – is the No.1 company in the manufacture and the installation of artificial limbs and prosthetic devices in Egypt and the Arab world.
Artificial limb from the knee joint is available of different types and industries. There are artificial limbs from different countries of origin at different prices and quality such as prostheses Germany, Turkey, Russia, America, China, and Egypt. We provide you with specialists who have authenticated german certificates to help you choose the most suitable prosthesis based on your condition.
There are two types of artificial limbs at the knee joint:
- An artificial end of the knee with side hinges and a wide belt of the thighs. This type is used when the amputation from the bottom of the knee is very short. It can not control the prosthesis. A wide belt around the thigh is attached to the prosthesis.
- If the amputation is directly from the top of the knee, the problem is that the knee is longer than the knee of the healthy man. An artificial limb is installed above the knee. The knee used in the device is designed to become the axis of the knee, very close to the sock, or the prosthetic knee is replaced by side hinges . Note: During amputation, amputation should be removed from the knee joint or ankle joint after it is suitable to allow the installation of an artificial limb without restraint due to the proximity of amputation of the joint.
Instructions and Tips After Amputation:
Immediately after amputation, the wound and bandage should be covered with a compressive belt to avoid swelling of the amputation.
- don’t give up or get frustrated, but try to get on moving and use the different means to help you get up, such as crisps and walkers, till you become able to use the artificial limb.
- Gently massage the place of amputation – this will help you become familiar with the sensation of your new leg.
- Do not sit for a long time and your leg is down, but you should lift your leg at a horizontal level at rest.
- you must learn how to change your own dressing yourself.
- you should do exercises for knees and hips, in order not to get any spastic muscles.
- Make your logo “help yourself” and don’t rely too much on others.
Learn more about the latest prosthetic for amputee – artificial limbs for foot amputation , below knee amputation , above knee amputation , hip amputation , partial amputation in foot and ankle.