Prosthetics Training Program
Prosthetics Training Program
The training program is closely related to the rehabilitation program, as the more a person is committed to the rehabilitation program, the faster the training takes. Where the training program begins with the beginning of the prosthesis installation.
The goal of the training program
It is the individual's ability to deal with the prosthetic limb and use it correctly, easily, and independently (ie, not having to help others).
In the beginning, the specialist is with the patient step by step, then the patient's family has a role in helping until the patient reaches independence and does not need the help of others.
It should be noted that the training time varies from one user to another, as several factors are involved in determining the time, such as the user's commitment to the rehabilitation program and his psychological and physical readiness, as well as age, weight and the nature of the injury.....
It should also be noted that the described training program can be changed or modified to suit the patient's preparedness and the type and severity of the injury.
Training program steps
- In the beginning, make sure that the prosthesis is suitable in terms of size and length before starting training.
- Confirmation that the loading of the weight on the prosthetic limb is correct and that the places of loading the amputation are identical to the places of loading on the prosthetic limb.
- Making sure to avoid the wrong forms of walking is an essential part in all stages of training.
- Starting training to walk with the prosthesis on flat surfaces, using the walking devices available at Al-Fadl Medical Center.
Gradual training from flat surfaces to uneven surfaces such as stairs (up and down) and inclined surfaces. These exercises are necessary in order to overcome the obstacles you face in your daily life and reach the maximum extent of independence.
- Training to speed up walking gradually using the electric treadmill. - Training to sit and do properly. Training to put on and take off the prosthesis independently and correctly. Knowing how to care for, clean and maintain the prosthetic limb (maintenance program). - This program is scheduled according to the user's condition and according to the nature of the amputation and also according to the type of prosthetic limb.
What does Al-Fadl Medical Foundation offer you?
– Cognitive support: You can consult us at any stage, whether before or after the amputation, and also before installing the prosthetic limb or after its installation, all you have to do is contact us to find us by your side.
– Medical support: Al-Fadl Medical Foundation can help you in choosing the most qualified and appropriate doctor in all specialties related to our specialization, such as surgery, physiotherapy, neurology, blood vessels, as well as psychiatry.
The most appropriate choice: Al-Fadl Medical nominates and determines the specifications of the appropriate prosthesis for your case, so that you can practice your life normally by specialized technicians.
Rehabilitation, training and follow-up: We are not only prosthetic limb manufacturers, but we have practical and scientific programs to qualify and train you to use the prosthetic limb. We also welcome you for follow-up or maintenance after receiving the prosthetic limb.
Institutions we are honored to trust in us
Subscribe to our newsletter
Don't miss any offer
Get the latest offers, news, new information and more…